WIX does not charge activation or setup fees (on 1g and 10g services) and does not require a contract to join – service is month-to-month – just email firstname.lastname@example.org to get LOA/CFA issued! Cross connect fees may be required by the hosting data center or interconnect facility.
- 1000BASE-LX/LH (single-mode 1310nm)
- 10GBASE-LR (single-mode 1310nm)
We may be able to support other optic frequencies on single mode fiber (CWDM, DWDM, 1550nm, BiDi, etc…) – please email us to inquire. Note that in these cases the member is required to provide the optics for both ends from a mutually agreeable supplier, the member is responsible for procuring spares, the optics must be programmed to be compatible with the WIX equipment, and in the future if WIX switches hardware platforms all responsibility for getting optics compatible with the new switches falls on the member.
The WIX core is located in the Park Place Building:
859 Willamette Street
Eugene, OR 97401
WIX will soon have an additional point of presence at IP Services:
2896 Crescent Ave #201
Eugene, OR 97408
- WIX is a non-profit entity, staffed by volunteers. No SLA or service guarantees are implied – all services are considered best effort.
- Participants may only peer at a single location, regardless of the number of physical or logical ports. The WIX peering fabric is built on significant donated connectivity, physical space, power, and additional infrastructure, with the express intention as a peering fabric and not a transport or carrier replacement.
- Participants may not sniff traffic between other participants.
- Participants must utilize an ASN (autonomous system number) that is allocated by an RIR (regional internet registry), such as ARIN. Private or reserve ASN’s are not acceptable – as specified by RFC 1930 or RFC 6996.
- A single source MAC address is allowed per a participant physical port or logical link aggregation grouping. Additional sourced MAC addresses are forbidden.
- No broadcast traffic (such as CDP, LLDP, DHCP, STP) is allowed over the IX fabric, except IPv4 ARP neighbor discovery.
- All participants are required to setup a BGP session with the WIX looking glass server. This service is utilized purely for debugging purposes; no traffic is exchanged over this peering session.
- Participants are encouraged to utilize the WIX route servers, where appropriate for their organization traffic engineering policies. These peering relationships help facilitate immediate value for new members of the exchange. No MLPA or peering with the route servers is required.